Rufus 3.9 Final Free Download + Full Review:
Rufus 3.9 free download is a utility that helps format and create bootable Flash / Pen / Key disks, memory cards, etc. Despite its small size, Rufus free download can do everything you need! It works very fast. For example, twice as fast as UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer, or the Windows 7 USB download tool when creating a bootable Windows 7 USB drive from an ISO image.
Rufu free s is also slightly faster when creating a bootable Linux USB drive from an ISO image.
Rufus will be especially useful when:
- you need to create a bootable USB drive from a bootable ISO image (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- it is necessary to work on systems that do not have an installed OS
- need to flash BIOS or other firmware from under DOS
- need to run a low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus 3.9 download can do everything you need.
About DOS support:
If you create a DOS boot disk and use a non-US keyboard, Rufus latest version free download will choose the keyboard layout according to the regional settings of your system. In this case, FreeDOS, which is used by default, will be used instead of MS-DOS, since it supports a larger number of keyboard layouts.
About ISO support:
All versions of Rufus since version 1.1.0 allow you to create a bootable USB drive from an ISO image (.iso). Creating an ISO image from a physical disk or from a set of files is very easy with CD burning software such as the free CDBurnerXP or ImgBurn.
About UEFI and GPT Support:
Starting with version 1.3.2, Rufus supports UEFI, as well as GPT sections of installation media, which means that Rufus latest version will allow you to install Windows 7, Windows 8 or Linux in full EFI mode. However, for full UEFI / GPT support, Windows Vista or later versions of Windows are required. Windows XP limits the creation of UEFI boot disks in MBR mode due to operating system limitations.
A partial list of ISO images Rufus latest version free download can work with:
Arch Linux, Archbang, BartPE / pebuilder, CentOS, Damn Small Linux, Debian, Fedora, FreeDOS, FreeNAS, Gentoo, GParted, gNewSense, Hiren’s Boot CD, LiveXP, Knoppix, KolibriOS , Kubuntu, Linux Mint, NT Password Registry Editor, OpenSUSE, Parted Magic, Partition Wizard, Raspbian, ReactOS, Red Hat, rEFInd, Slackware, Super Grub2 Disk, Tails, Trinity Rescue Kit, Ubuntu, Ultimate Boot CD, Windows XP (SP2 + ), Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Version changes in Rufus free download:
• Add exFAT support when creating blank UEFI: NTFS drives [EXPERIMENTAL]
• Fix ext2 / ext3 corruption for partitions larger than 4 GB
• Fix early boot files not being usable on compressed NTFS partitions
• Fix writing of compressed streams that don ‘t end on sector boundary
• Fix percent not being displayed on slow format
• Improve file preallocation and speed up ISO extraction (courtesy of Mattiwatti
• Improve ext2 / ext3 formatting speed
• Improve protective MBR message for GPT partitioned drives
• Improve reporting of Syslinux / GRUB download errors
• Improve reporting of partition types and of Windows’ version
• Report the usage of UDF symbolic links
• Update embedded Syslinux to 6.04-pre1